Copyright © 2022. All rights reserved.
The origins of Massachusetts Broken Stone Company date back to the late 1800’s, when Arthur J. Wellington, a pioneer in the crushed stone industry, operated crushing plants across the east coast. In 1898, Henry O. Robinson began working for Mr. Wellington. Years later, Mr. Robinson acquired an ownership interest in the company, and incorporated the Massachusetts Broken Stone Company in 1908. Today, the company is still owned and operated by the descendants of Henry O. Robinson.
Currently, the Massachusetts Broken Stone Company operates two quarries; Holden Trap Rock and Berlin Stone Company. Operating since 1938 and 1961, respectfully, both facilities have significant reserves, giving us the capability to supply crushed stone products to our valued customers for decades to come.